Présentation du réseau
Professor Gérard de Bernis (ISMEA)
and Professor Do Hoai Nam (CNSSHV)
COORDINATION AND AIMS
Professor Do Hoai Nam from Viet Nam and Professor Gérard de Bernis from France will play the role of network coordinators until our first seminar. At the end of the launching phase, the network members will set up together new rules for the management of the network.
According to the UNESCO recommendations, our main objectives during this first phase are the following ones :
- to make working a mailing list on INTERNET for the network members, in order to support and promote research activities, education, social and economic development, and to establish and enhance relationships between South-East Asian countries and EU
- to set up development policies of the network, and to help providing the members with resources of material and equipment ; to support training programmes for the network managers and for the network users in the countries of the members ;
- to create a site on the WEB where students, teachers and the general public will find information on the network members, activities and achievements ; to build up and develop the network with user-friendly communication means, such as periodical newsletter, thematic electronic fora, etc...
- to organize a first meeting of the network before the end of the year 1999 in Viet Nam, in order to assess the performance of the network during the first phase and to prepare a plan for the next phase, as the network needs to develop in the future. Moreover, the meeting will focus on exchanging experiences and unifying contents of research cooperation.
The network members can use their mother tongue, but for a common understanding and easy dialogue, we recommend to communicate in English.
HOW TO USE THE NETWORK MAILING LIST ?
As you probably know, when you send a message to this list (address : firstname.lastname@example.org), all network members will get it at the same time. In fact, it is a useful tool which help us to have debates and discussions between us, to communicate documents to all members and to get information from all of them.
Beyond the ordinary exchange of opinions about problems of common interest, the list can be used for specific purposes, such as :
To contribute efficiently to the activity of the network, the mailing list needs a moderator who will provide to all members information on the network activities and ask you the inputs which the network coordinators need in order to fill their part. We have asked Marc Ollivier, ISMEA researcher in social sciences, to play this moderating role during the first phase of the network activity (email : email@example.com).
- designing, drafting and finalizing common papers, communications, statements work programmes, etc...
- sharing information, announcements, documentation ;
- organizing together specific events : seminars, working sessions, travels, etc.
Of course it is possible, for the manager of each institution , to give several email addresses as list members, if they want several scientists of their staff to participate into the network activities.
OPENING OF A NETWORK WEB SITE
An access to a specific website for the network has been provided on the ISMEA forum site, under the address : http://www.ismea.org
Thus, we can already implement documents on this site, such as information on the network members for instance.
ORGANIZING A SEMINAR
UNESCO's recommendations include the organization of a seminar in South East Asia before the end of this year, in order to evaluate the first achievements of the network and to work out a programme for the further phases of its activity. This seminar will take place in Viet Nam and we will have very soon to decide when it could be held, to fix the number of participants, and to elaborate its agenda.
As first use of this new mailing list, I suggest you to send to the list ( address of the list: firstname.lastname@example.org ) the following informative messages :
Of course this is not a restrictive list of suggestions and we are ready to answer all your questions and to take into account your suggestions.
- a/ an acknowledgement of receipt with your comments ;
- b/ a short presentation of your institution ;
- c/ your ideas and proposals concerning the seminar we have to plan before the end of this year.
if you want send a message to all network members, send it to the list ( email@example.com ).
If you want send a message only to one member of the network, please use its individual email address, as pointed out in the list of network members.
We hope that the support of UNESCO will help us to develop many fruitfull cooperation programmes in the field of concrete socio-economic development issues. We thank you very much for having accepted to participate into this experiment and we are looking forward to receiving your messages and proposals thanks to this new communication system.